WAKEFIELD GARAGE DOORS LTD
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
Updated 19 May 2020
Wakefield Garage Doors - How we are dealing with COVID-19
Wakefield Garage Doors has resumed normal working hours and will be following Government Guidelines. We would like to reassure our customers that we have taken steps and put systems in place to protect our staff and customers. This is a very challenging time for all businesses as we adapt to these new working conditions. To keep everyone safe as much as possible we have implemented the following measures:
Point of Contact
- We are happy to speak to all our customers but please also continue to use the Contact form for your initial enquiry - be assured that we never share your information, or use pressure sales tactics. Some Garage Door Companies will ring you to chase you for an order when they have provided you with a quote. We have never done this. We are happy to leave you with a quote and if you never ring us back then that's fine but most of our customers do. By completing the contact form, we can deal with your enquiry quickly as our phone lines are always busy. In some cases we are able to give you approximate prices by email providing that you give us as much information as you can. This will reduce unnecessary journeys and reduce contact.
- When we have completed your installation, we will ring you to take your payment. All payments must be made on the day of completion. An invoice will then be sent to you by email. This will reduce the contact between customers and our installers.
During Repairs and Installation
- Please remain inside your home whilst the repair or installation is carried out.
- If you need to speak to our Installers, please observe the 2 metre social distancing rule.
- We kindly request customer do not offer our Installers refreshments.
- When the repair or installation is complete, our Installers will need to demonstrate to you how your new door works or to show you the repair they have carried out. Again, please observe the 2 metre social distancing rule.
- When the repair or installation is complete, our Installers will sanitise all hard surfaces they have come into contact with.
How we are protecting our staff
- We are reducing journeys as much as possible for quotes and surveys by collecting more information by email and telephone enquiries.
- Staff are supplied with all the necessary PPE which includes masks, gloves and sanitising products.
- We have reduced the number of staff travelling in our vans to two staff per van and teams will be observing the 2 metre distancing rule. When this is not possible, protective face masks will be worn.